Comfortably Acclimatize to the High Altitude
Suites Camino Real offers you an integral service with a plan that includes actions before, during and after your visit to a high city. Our Height Plan specializes in medical, physical and nutritional aspects, all focused on reducing the possible discomforts associated with your stay and to improve your physical and work performance.
What is altitude sickness?
The altitude sickness also known as the mountain sickness (“sorojchi,” altitude sickness, mountain sickness, etc.). It is the name given to the physical reactions that the human body experience when unaccustomed to living at higher altitudes.
Altitude sickness is a condition that affects people to a greater or lesser extent, regardless of their physical condition. There is more probability that the altitude sickness symptoms manifest when we are in a place higher than our hometown. Occurrences vary greatly from one individual to another. Some people may never present any symptoms.
- Fatigue and / or agitation
- Sleep disorders
- Digestive disorders
- Nausea or dizziness
What does our hotel offer you?
- 24-hour free medical assistance
- Medical assistance provided by specialists in altitude (additional cost)
- Oxygen therapy, 24 hours if required.
- Suggested meals to achieve better acclimatization
- Personal trainers specialized in altitude fitness (additional cost)
- Modified oxygen-therapy room (additional cost)
We are located 880 meters below the airport level (4,080 masl), in the safest residential and business area of La Paz city. Suites Camino Real offers you an ideal environment where you can quickly acclimatize to a “City of Height” and continue with your business, events or vacations.
Special Altitude-Focused Menu
To achieve a better adaptation process to this altitude, we recommend you choose the dishes from our restaurant “La Tranquera” menu marked with the following icon. These dishes will provide a healthy diet during your stay.
If you like challenge and want to stay fit, we offer you specialized fitness training services designed for altitude. You do not have to put aside your regular training. In addition, you’re invited to try this service and take advantage of the benefits provided by training at height with a specialized personal trainer (gym with cardiovascular equipment).
Before traveling to La Paz, you should:
- If possible, sleep the usual number of hours you do normally.
- Avoid heavy meals and high fat foods.
- Avoid any kind of alcoholic beverages.
- In case of particular health conditions, ask your physician about your condition and any other recommendations you may follow during your trip.
During your stay in La Paz, we recommend that you:
- Drink plenty of fluids, preferably water, so you can be wellhydrated, especially for the first few days.
- If possible, avoid alcoholic beverages and tobacco, honey, rice, pasta, corn, wheat and whole grains.
- Eat a diet rich in sugars and carbohydrates (fruit among others).
- Keep your physical activity moderate, especially the first 48 hours.
- Avoid cooling down. We recommend wearing warm clothes.
- Avoid selfmedication if you suffer any symptoms.
Before your next stay in La Paz
The human body is capable of creating a record of the places where it has been. Therefore, if you had any symptoms during your first visit, those symptoms will get less intense or even disappear on your next visit to La Paz city.